Jamie Chung - Wikipedia
Jamie Jilynn Chung (born April 10, 1983) is an American actress, blogger, and former reality television personality. She first gained fame in 2004 as a cast member on the MTV reality series The Real World: San Diego and subsequently through her appearances on its spin-off show, Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Inferno II. She is regarded by many as the Real World alumna with the most successful media career.
She later transitioned into acting and has since become known for films, such as Dragonball Evolution, Grown Ups, Premium Rush, Sorority Row, The Hangover Part II, Sucker Punch, and Big Hero 6 and having been the series lead of the ABC Family television miniseries Samurai Girl. Chung received critical acclaim for her lead performance in the independent drama film about domestic human trafficking, Eden. In 2017, she was cast as the teleporting mutant Clarice Fong/Blink in the superhero drama series The Gifted on Fox.
Since 2012, Chung has appeared in the recurring role of Mulan in the ABC fantasy television series Once Upon a Time. She also created the fashion blogWhat the Chung?
Jamie Chung was born and raised in San Francisco, California. She and her older sister are second-generation Korean-American, raised by "traditional" parents who moved to the United States in 1980, and ran a hamburger restaurant. She was described by MTV as someone who "tells it like it is". After graduating from Lowell High School in 2001, Chung attended and graduated from the University of California, Riverside with a B.A. in economics in 2005; she was a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority.
Reality TV work
Chung was a cast member on The Real World: San Diego, the fourteenth season of MTV's long-running reality TV show, The Real World, which first aired in 2004. At the time she was selected to be on The Real World: San Diego, she was described by MTV as a hard-working student who worked two jobs to pay her tuition, but who also enjoyed partying. She was also described by her friends as not having the best taste in men.
After appearing on The Real World, Chung appeared on its spin-off game show, Real World/Road Rules Challenge, as a cast member in that show's 2005 season, The Inferno II, during which she was a member of the "Good Guys" team, which squared off against the "Bad Asses". By the end of the season, after several cast members had been eliminated during the competition, Chung remained, along with her fellow Good Guys teammates Darrell Taylor, Landon Lueck, and Mike Mizanin. Chung and her teammates were victorious against the remaining members of the Bad Asses in the final event, and won the competition.
After her stint on The Real World, she began her acting career appearing in various minor roles in television and films, including as Cordy Han in ten episodes of Days of Our Lives, as a Hooters girl in the 2007 comedy I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, and in episodes of CSI: NY and Veronica Mars.
In 2008 she got her first major role, as the series lead in the ABC Family miniseries Samurai Girl.
She later had supporting roles in the 2009 feature films Sorority Row and Dragonball Evolution, in the latter as Goku's love interest, Chi Chi, as well as the lead role in one of the segments of the movie Burning Palms. Chung later went to star in the Disney Channel TV movie, Princess Protection Program which co-starred Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez. She appeared in 2010 film Grown Ups and had a supporting role in the 2012 martial arts film The Man with the Iron Fists.
In 2011, she provided the voice of Aimi Yoshida in the video game X-Men: Destiny. She also co-starred in Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, released in August 2014.
Chung gained her first major feature film role in the 2012 film Premium Rush, directed by David Koepp. That same year, she starred as the lead in the independent film Eden, in which she played a Korean American girl abducted and coerced into prostitution by American human traffickers. Since 2012, she has appeared in the recurring role of Mulan in the television series Once Upon a Time.
In 2014, she provided the voice of GoGo Tomago in the animated Disney film Big Hero 6, which won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature.
Chung and her then-fiance, Bryan Greenberg, co-starred together as a couple who meet in Hong Kong in the film Already Tomorrow in Hong Kong, which was released in February 2015.
Chung will reprise her role of GoGo Tomago in the upcoming Big Hero 6: The Series on Disney XD.
In March 2016, Chung was cast as attorney Lana Harris, the "alpha female" in the one-hour legal drama Miranda's Rights, but the series was not picked up by NBC after the pilot episode.
In 2017, Chung was cast as Blink in the Fox superhero series The Gifted. She portrays a younger version of the character played by Fan Bingbing in the 2014 feature film X-Men: Days of Future Past. Of her character, Chung said "Blink doesn't want to be a hero, she grew up in a world where people are bullied for being mutants" and added that she is "not at her full capacity yet" like Bingbing's version . Chung talked about how she enjoys talking about the limitations of her character's powers with the writers and teased that Blink would become more akin to the character fans know from the Exiles comics as the first season progresses.
Chung is an avid follower of the fashion industry who shares her experiences and advice related to food, travel and other related topics at her blog, What the Chung?
Awards and recognition
Chung won the Female Stars of Tomorrow Award at the 2009 ShoWest industry trade show along with her Sorority Row castmates.
In 2013, Chung moved to Manhattan.
Chung began dating actor/musician Bryan Greenberg in early 2012. They became engaged in December 2013. During a visit to Chung's hometown of San Francisco, Greenberg proposed to Chung by singing a song he wrote. They were married in October 2015 at the El Capitan Canyon resort in Santa Barbara, California. The wedding was a three-day celebration consisting of a welcome dinner on Halloween Eve in which guests were required to wear costumes, followed by a wedding ceremony on October 31 in which Chung and Greenberg exchanged non-denominational vows.
- ^ ab"Notable UCR Alumni", University of California, Riverside Alumni Association
- ^"Jamie Chung at IGN". Stars.ign.com. 2011-03-24. Retrieved 2013-10-11.
- ^According to the State of California. California Birth Index, 1905-1995. Center for Health Statistics, California Department of Health Services, Sacramento, California. Searchable at Family Tree Legends
- ^ (in Korean). Naver. Retrieved 17 December 2011.
- ^Lee, Amber. "2. Jamie Chung". Bleacher Report. November 17, 2011
- ^Beard, Lanford (May 21, 2012). "'The Real World': 20 years later, seven strangers who made their mark". Entertainment Weekly.
- ^ abcJamie Chung biography page, MTV.com, 2004, accessed March 28, 2011.
- ^"Hot Jamie Chung"Archived 2012-07-27 at the Wayback Machine., RipeTV, accessed March 31, 2011.
- ^Nakayama, Paul (May 22, 2013). "Fall 2012 Cover Story: Jamie Chung". Audrey.
- ^Stern, Marlow (August 25, 2012). "‘Premium Rush’ Star Jamie Chung on Her Road From ‘The Real World’ to Hollywood". The Daily Beast.
- ^"Jamie Chung: Fighting and Singing in Sucker Punch". 3 September 2009. Retrieved 25 October 2017.
- ^Abad, Terence "Caught in the Headlines". Lowell Alumni Association.
- ^Topel, Fred, "Sorority Row Remake Scares its own Star", SciFi Wire, April 3, 2009 (archived 2009)
- ^"Real World’s Party Girl is a Martial Arts MasterArchived 2008-09-11 at the Wayback Machine.". AsianWeek. Retrieved on 2008-09-10.
- ^"Comic-Con: X-Men: Destiny: Jamie Chung - Aimi BTS". IGN. July 22, 2011.
- ^Kit, Borys (June 20, 2010). "Two joining Joseph Gordon-Levitt thriller". The Hollywood Reporter. e5 Global Media. Retrieved August 8, 2010.
- ^Matt Webb Mitovich (5 July 2012). "Exclusive: Wake Up! Once Upon a Time Has Cast Sarah Bolger as Sleeping Beauty". TV Line. Retrieved 5 July 2012.
- ^Sneider, Jeff (April 28, 2014). "Disney's 'Big Hero 6' Adds Maya Rudolph to Top-Secret Voice Cast (Exclusive)". The Wrap.
- ^McNary, Dave (February 22, 2015). "‘Big Hero 6’ Wins Oscar for Best Animated Film". Variety.
- ^ abPetski, Denise (March 3, 2016). "'Miranda's Rights': Jamie Chung & John Gabriel Join NBC Legal Soap". Deadline Hollywood.
- ^Dornbush, Jonathon (2 October 2017). "The Gifted's Jamie Chung on Portraying Blink's Powers". Retrieved 25 October 2017.
- ^"'The Gifted's Jamie Chung Teases 'Exiles' Look For Blink". Marvel. Retrieved 25 October 2017.
- ^ abcBurton, Isabel (Spring 2016). "C is for Camp". Martha Stewart Weddings, pp 250 - 260.
- ^"About". What the Chung?. Retrieved April 7, 2016.
- ^"Koreans are MVPs of Future Asian-American Stars", Korean Beacon, October 8, 2009
- ^"Ethan Hawke/Jamie Chung". The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. Season 9. Episode 144. June 7, 2013. CBS.
- ^Ehrich Dowd, Kathy (January 3, 2014). "Jamie Chung Engaged to Bryan Greenberg". People. Retrieved January 3, 2014.
- ^"Jamie Chung and Bryan Greenberg Get Married in Glamour on Halloween – See the Photos". People. November 1, 2015. Retrieved November 1, 2015.
- ^Kit, Borys (October 29, 2012). "'Sin City 2' Adds Jaime King and Jamie Chung". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved October 29, 2012.
- ^"Jamie Chung Next to Not Be Announced for 'Big Hero 6′". Stitch Kingdom. April 28, 2014. Retrieved April 28, 2014.
- ^Hibberd, James (5 July 2012). "'Once Upon a Time' scoop: 'Hangover 2' actress cast as legendary warrior". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
Опубликовано: 09.02.2018 | Автор: Генриетта
Всего 8 комментариев.
Jamie Chung Official Blog - San Francisco native, food enthusiast, action hero wannabe and your new best friend. Search the site.
«Jamie Chung Russia» — Ваш лучший источник новостей из жизни и творчества актрисы. . Jamie Chung ▪ Джейми Чанг запись закреплена. 15 фев в 9:49.
Jamie Jilynn Chung (born April 10, 1983) is an American actress, blogger, and former reality television personality. She first gained fame in 2004 as a cast member on the MTV.
Senior Product Manager at.
Adoring Jamie Chung is an unofficial non-profit fansite dedicated to Jamie Chung in hopes to help promote her talent and her career. This site has no official affiliation with.